Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to delete .xlsx.bak files

Naga
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I need some help in in removing / deleting the .xlsx.bak files, which I get as an ad-hoc when I ran the WF. I have to run around 200 files and creating this .xlsx.bak is redundant.

Thanks

Naga

6 REPLIES 6
allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Just create a text file and type the code given below - 

del "YOUR FOLDER FULLPATH\*.xlsx.bak"

Save this file with the windows batch file extension (.bat)
eg: bakFileDelete.bat

You can now double click on this .bat file to delete the .bak files after your Alteryx Workflow has been executed OR you can use RUN COMMAND TOOL in your Alteryx Workflow itself and configure the tool to run the above mentioned .bat file automatically. 
Link to RUN COMMAND TOOL in Alteryx Documentation - https://help.alteryx.com/20214/designer/run-command-tool

Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

Hey @Naga , Just give a look here - What is bak file used for? - Alteryx Community 

Hope this helps ....Thanks:)

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Hey @Naga,

Thanks for accepting the solution.

Regards,

Allwyn

Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

Hey @Naga  Thanks for accepting as a solution .

knobsdog
8 - Asteroid

I have this issue with bak files on a SharePoint site.  What would the pathway be like to have it go into the SharePoint site to delete the bak files in there?

Labels