community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

How to customize colors in an Interactive Chart when creating a pie chart?

Alteryx Partner

Hi, 

When creating a pie chart using the Interactive Chart tool, it's only possible to choose between predefined color palettes, and I need to change the color palette to a customized, but don't know how. Can any guide me to a xml-file where I can create a customized palette or know how to change create a my own palette? 

Best,

Charlotte 

Asteroid

Hi Charlotte,

You can use RGB colors or Hex code to get custom colors.

I hope it will help :)

Kucsi

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @CharlottePonikowski, you can use the ReportSettings.xml in C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData to add custom chart colors. The chart tool will apply each color in order, so you can set up the custom palate to have the order you want.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Customer Support Engineer

Alteryx Partner

Hi @Kucsi 

Thanks for your replay. The problem is, that I do not have this option when making a pie chart. I can only choose a pre-defined color palette (see picture), så think the solution should be to create my own color-palette.

Skærmbillede 2019-06-13 kl. 12.01.15.png

Best

Charlotte 

Alteryx Partner

Hi @StephenR 

Thanks for your replay! I think you are right about that I need to add a palette to an xml file. I tried to add it in the one you are pointing to, but unfortunately it didn't work. I think it needs to be done directly to the file related to the Interactive Chart tool, which as far as i know is by Plotly, and can't find. Don't know if it is even possible..  

Best 

Charlotte

Labels