Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to create separate tabs in the same Excel sheet according to data in one column?

tinonsaha
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I want to create something in Alteryx that will allow me to take data from a specific column and have that data and the associated data in the subsequent rows mapped out into different excel tabs within the same workbook. How can I achieve this? Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
cadyb
Alteryx
Alteryx

@tinonsaha Have you tried doing this in the Output Tool by choosing the option at the bottom of the tool configuration "Take File/Table Name From Field" and choosing Change File/Table Name. Then select the column with the data that you want on separate tabs in the Excel workbook from the "Field Containing File Name of Part of File Name." This will generate one Excel workbook with your columns and data grouped onto separate tabs.

tinonsaha
6 - Meteoroid
This did the trick, thank you so much!

Follow up question, how would I save each tab as a separate excel workbook?
Jim7
8 - Asteroid

To save each tab as a separate file, you can use the formula tool to create a new field representing the file path. Something like this:

"N:\XXX\YYY\ZZZ " + [original field] + " .xlsx|||data"

Then in the Output Data tool, check "Take File/Table Name From Field". Select "Change Entire File Path", then choose the name of the above new file path field.

Labels