Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to create different excel files from one column in a table?

sakshim
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I need help in creating different Excel files for each product from each row. I have a table having unique information about 10 products in a table. Now I want to create 10 different files for each product having name as "Product Name"  & 1 row in each file. For Instance,

below is my table :

Product Name PIDP_CategoryMarketCurrency
A1EdibleAPACINR
B2Non-EdibleUSUSD
C3EdibleAPACUSD
D4EdibleUSUSD
E5EdibleUSUSD
F6Non-EdibleAPACUSD
G7Non-EdibleEuropeGBP
H8Non-EdibleEuropeUSD
I9EdibleUSUSD
J10EdibleUSUSD

Requirement: Create separate excels for each Product and having data related to that product only

1 file - A.xlsx

Data : 

A1EdibleAPACINR

2nd Files - B.xlsx

Data :

B2Non-EdibleUSUSD

Similarly for rest til J

Regards,

S

5 REPLIES 5
seven
12 - Quasar

Hi

add a formula tool and construct a field, for example output_name. This field has the path of the output files concatenated with the Product Name field you have.

seven_1-1596289296219.png

Next, connect an Output tool and set the options at the bottom to change the entire file path and take it from the output_name field you just made. Then you're done!

seven_0-1596289266866.png

sakshim
7 - Meteor

Hi, It is giving me an error , Stating you must specify sheet name .Also, If I have let say 4 lines for Product A and 10 lines for product B then will this club all lines pertaining to said product will come in 1 file ? or there will be seperate file for each row

?

I want to have only 10 files pertaining to each product irrespective of the number of rows associated to specific product.

thanks

seven
12 - Quasar

Hi,

sorry, I made a mistake. Do this.

seven_0-1596329104697.png

seven
12 - Quasar

Here is an example

sakshim
7 - Meteor

this is really great..... actually helped to save a lot of time...

Appreciate your help.

THANK You

Labels