Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to create and modify .yxdb file?

PrabhakarMSBI
5 - Atom

Hi

I am new to Alteryx. I have to modify an existing the Alteryx module which creates .tde for my Tableau Dash board, where the input for the workflow is .yxdb file which has source as SQL Server Query result.

Now my Question is, I have to modify the source query of the .yxdb file.

Can you please help me in editing the .yxdb to change the SQL Query behind it.

2 REPLIES 2
phil_budden
8 - Asteroid

A yxdb file is a database file - I believe it only stores the data generated by a query, not any details on the query itself.  A yxdb file is usually created by the Output tool in a workflow.  This file can then be used as an input in other workflows.

For example, I often connect an input tool containing a sql query to an output tool creating a yxdb file when I'm developing a workflow - I use the yxdb file as my input so each time I run the workflow to trial changes I'm not querying the live database.  Then, when complete, I swap out the yxdb input with my original sql query.

If you no longer have the original workflow creating your yxdb file then I'd create a new one.  You can put your amended sql query into an input tool then connect this to an output tool pointing to your original yxdb file, then when you run the workflow the yxdb file will be overwritten with the new data.

Hopefully I've understood your query correctly and this helps somewhat.

PrabhakarMSBI
5 - Atom

Thanks a lot, thats works for me.

Labels