Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to create a map with Alteryx from my list of countries

nabilaO
5 - Atom

Hi

I am extracting data from twitter and I want to visualize the countries where people are tweeting from. I manage to get to sort list of countries by number of tweets but I don't know how to visualize this result on world map with circles that would be representative of the number of tweets by country.

Any help will be welcome

1 REPLY 1
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you have spatial objects for each country, use the Spatial Info tool to create a Centroid object for each of the country spatial objects. Then use a formula tool to create a radius size field that is based on the number of tweets for each country. Finally, a Trade Area tool will draw a mile/kilometer radius from each Centroid, with a radius that's defined by your radius size field you created.

Input the SpatialObj_TradeArea from your Trade Area tool into a Report Map along with the original country spatial objects to visualize on the map. Let me know if you have any questions.

EDIT: If you have a spatial data installation with your Alteryx, you can find spatial objects for each country in the installation files. The paths should look something like this for local installations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Alteryx\DataProducts\AlteryxMap\TomTom_US_2017_Q2\Data\world.yxdb

Labels