Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to create a macro to calculate covariance individually with multiple stocks?

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hello all! 

I have already posted something alike, however, things changed and now I need to calculate covariance individually, having the benchmark and one stock.

However my research analysis requires me to calculate the covariance between the benchmark and multiple stocks. (individually)

I have tried three approaches, but none of them seem plausible as they all calculate the covariance with all stocks together/combined.

Exemple:

Joker_Hazard_0-1631473463788.png

The linear regression tool was used because it gives me the intercept, which is my final result. We call this in financial markets as BETA of a stock. This was the best option for me as it already calculate everything.

Mu current knowledge is far from understanding how macros work in alteryx, but it seems that this is the best approach. 

Can someone help me out with this? 

Any input is appreciated!!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Hello!

See the workflow attached.

Labels