Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to create a line of text output with highest value

MJ54
7 - Meteor

I have a table that has two columns - 1 with dates for every day in the month and another with percentages.

I want to create a line on the bottom of the output that says something like “The date with the highest percentage is X”. How would I go about that?

5 REPLIES 5
binay2448
11 - Bolide

Please share some sample data for the same.

MJ54
7 - Meteor

Added the test data for visibility

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @MJ54 ,

should be something like that?

2021-09-15_17-55-23.jpg

You can find the highest value using the Sort and the Sample tool. A Report Text tool may be used to create the text and add it below the table.

2021-09-15_17-58-23.jpg

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

MJ54
7 - Meteor

This looks like it may be what I am looking for. Would you be able to share another version of your sample workflow by any chance? I am unable to open it in my alteryx version. I would like to see the specifics for each individual function as I am new to them.

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I've changed the version to 2019.3, hope this works for you.

Btw: You can change the workflow version by editing the .yxmd file using a text editor and replacing the version by the one you need:

2021-09-15_18-43-19.jpg

Labels