community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

How to create a global credentials prompt for every workflow execution ?

Highlighted

Hi,

I use Alteryx in my office to produce reportings and status files for our activity. All of aour data is stored on an 32bit Oracle OCI database.

For each of my workflows, I have multiple Oracle OCI entries as I have to look up multiple tables and join them (you will find an example attached). It's fairly simple stuff.

However, as more and more people are using my workflows, I received a request from our compliance department to make sure that each user has to use their own credentials.

In order to access this request, I would like to create a prompt that forces the user to enter his own credentials every time he wants to execute the workflow.

I found this solution earlier, but as described before I have one entry for each table or Oracle view called (sometimes up to 13), and having the same prompt appear for each entry is tedious. I also tried to extend the prompt to all connexions but it appears the action object can only be tied to one other object for the output.

Do you have any ideas as to how I could have one single prompt update the credentials for all the data entries in the workflow ?

Alternatively, if it can't be done, is there a way to rationalize the number of entries I have in my workflow ?

Thanks.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @Jonathan_A 

Have you thought about using Workflow Constants to parameterise this value? That would save you updating it in multiple places.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/All-About-Constants/ta-p/17458

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Jonathan_A 

Whilst the action tool can only go to one tool, you can have multiple actions tools from one question.

So you can ask the user once and using 10+ actions to update it where needed

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. 

@jamielaird : Using constants is an interesting idea, but I'm not quite sure how to apply it to my case (maybe I missed Something).

Labels