Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to create Tableau files that use Relationships to connect multiple data sources?

AlexApolloni
7 - Meteor

Tableau has this concept of relationships to multiple data sources packaged together as documented here: https://help.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/relate_tables.htm#what-are-relationships

Does Alteryx support creating these and uploading them to the tableau server and if so, is there an example?

2 REPLIES 2
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Relationships are a feature within Tableau. Since, unlike with joins, there are no physical tables built in Tableau, Alteryx is not able to produce such an output (the structure Alteryx works wouldn't even allow it I'd guess). 

The building of relationships has to happen within Tableau. 

AlexApolloni
7 - Meteor

OK.  Thanks for the confirmation 👍

(the "Data source metainfo (optional)" field in the Publish to Tableau server tool/macro made me think that it might be possible.......further research(googling) lead me to some Tableau Community posts that say that it's not possible in Tableau Prep either....so it makes sense that's also the case with Alteryx.  Hopefully it'll come from Tableau eventually)

Labels