Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to copy files based on a values

cghat1
6 - Meteoroid

I have an input file contains 989 unique values as name column.

I have a folder with 2000+ files and the some of the file names are the same that of the unique values in the input files.

I am trying to develop a workflow , while running the  workflow it will copy only those files to another folder whose file name matches with the unique values of the column.

1 REPLY 1
Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

You could use a Directory input to read in all of the file names in the directory, and do a join based on your list of 989 names. Do some creative parsing of the Directory input, and any records in your table that match the file names in the Directory input should come out of the Join output of the Join tool. From here you now have the list of file's and their paths you're interested in. From here you have a few options. You could output the table via the Run Command tool, then possibly write a batch script that will move the files that you have identified in the table you just created. The other option would be to use Alteryx to bring in the data via a Dynamic Input and then write them out to the desired location via an Output tool.

Hope that helps,

Paulteryx

Labels