Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to copy cell value to blank rows below

slobodan
5 - Atom

How can I copy specific cell value to blank cells below (if there are any blank rows)?

In the table below cells A1 and B1 to be copied in all blank cells that are below. Also for A18 and B18 and so on.

Screen.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
rafalolbert
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @slobodan,

Here you go - This is using Multi_row Formula and the formula is IF Not IsNull([FSLI No.]) THEN [FSLI No.] ELSE [Row-1:col1] ENDIF, which translates to if there is a value in your target field keep it, otherwise take value from previous row:

img1.JPG

slobodan
5 - Atom

Thank you very much  @rafalolbert🙂 Helped a lot!

Van24
5 - Atom

Hi @

I am trying to use your method, but instead of create new field, i'm choosing update existing field. However, I encountered following issue where not all empty cell copies the cell below it:

Appreciate if you can help me on this issue, as I tried to look for answers but to no avail.

Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_1.png

jroddy
5 - Atom

Thanks for that solution. It was exactly what I was looking for.

benmillea
7 - Meteor

Hi @Van24  - can I ask did you get an answer to your query regarding updating an existing field? I'm having the same issue so I'm interested to see if you managed to figure it out. Many thanks

Labels