Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to convert string to a number?

Dom
8 - Asteroid

Morning,

I need assistance with converting string to number.  In my trailer row I have the record count.

I need the count field to be  right justified, padded with zeros (8).  ex.00000732

I originally had right(PadLeft(ToString([Count]), 8, "0"),8) which worked when i didn't need it separated by commas. Now I need my trailer row to be comma separated instead of one string. Thanks in advance

Before:ZZZQUESBIO2016021900000272 

I need it to look like this ZZZ,QUES,BIO,20160219,00000272 

3 REPLIES 3
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I would look at the regex_replace function

Something like:

REGEX_Replace([Field1],'^(\w{3})(\w{4})(\w{3})(\d{8})(\w{8})$','$1,$2,$3,$4,$5')

Attached a demo.

I assumed the field length based on your example. Regex can hopefully be adjusted to match your needs.

Dom
8 - Asteroid

Perfect!

Usamah22
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

i have a field with sales volumes such as 2,500 which is set as string when alteryx imports the input file. when i use the select tool and convert the field to a double it cuts the figures at the comma so the 2,300 becomes 2. I need to summarise and do calculations so can't keep the field as a string. How do i correctly convert the field to an integer?

Labels