Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to connect to a Google Analytics GA4 property

calloni
9 - Comet

Hello

I am using the current Google Analytics tool to connect to our GA account. We have only 1 property that is set as GA4 property.

When I connect to our account via the Offline version (token) I don't see this GA4 property in the list.

Does anyone know how we should proceed to connect to it via Alteryx?

Thanks in advance

Rodrigo

15 REPLIES 15
EmmaWB
7 - Meteor

Seconding this question. Has anyone figured out how to pull data from a GA4 property on Google Analytics into Alteryx?

calloni
9 - Comet

Hi Emma

I had a talk with some folks that know GA4 and they said that all data will be on Google Big Query, but I am not sure if we need to buy that service to get access to data.

Rodrigo

estoddart
6 - Meteoroid

I believe the GA Connector will be updated once GA4 API moves out of beta

mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

Any update on G4?

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi, Google Analytics 4 is on our roadmap and we will release it no later than in March '23. There will be also Beta version released before that, so if you register into our Data Connectors Beta program, you will get notification that such connector is ready for Beta testing. 

Vojta T., PM for Data Connectors
Try our Beta data connectors at https://bit.ly/3Ae8HgY
fpinchon
8 - Asteroid

Hi @calloni @EmmaWB , I was in the same boat and could not wait for that long, so I built a quick & dirty GA4 connector, available here:
http://insightsthroughdata.com/connect-to-google-analytics-4-ga4-and-extract-with-alteryx/ 

I hope it helps...

calloni
9 - Comet

Amazing! I will give it a try ASAP as we are starting testing GA4 right now.

calloni
9 - Comet

It took me way longer to be able to test this... but now the page is not available anymore :(

Rodrigo

fpinchon
8 - Asteroid

Huh? What page is not available?

Labels