Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to connect the list box for selecting the filed to use in multi-field formula

Boontida
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Referring to the topic: Solved: Multiple CONTAINS filter in Analytic App using Tex... - Alteryx Community , I have the problem on the connecting the list box to the multi-field formula in order to build the list box interface of list column in which the user is able to choose the field (or column) for use in multi-field formula.

Boontida_2-1636402711623.png

From the picture above, I put the expression into the action and set the list box for select field as follows:

Boontida_1-1636402632804.png

Boontida_0-1636403459991.png

However, the output of  new_selectcolumn does not show the result. In other words, the column of new_selectcolumn due to multi-field formula shows only "0".

Could you have any idea to fix this problem?

Thank you very much.

4 REPLIES 4
AZuc
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Boontida , I'm not sure I understood your problem.

But it looks you want to apply a formula to a subset of fields. Take a look in the attached example. I assumed the fields for the formula would be numeric.

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

Boontida
7 - Meteor

Dear  @AZuc

Thank you very much for your help.

However, I can't open your file. There was an error opening "DynamicMultiFieldFormula.yxwz".

Could you please re-attached again ?

Thank you very much again.

AZuc
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Boontida , what is the error message?

The WF is this

AZuc_0-1636407919851.png

André Zuccatti

Sales Engineer - LATAM -
Alteryx, Inc.

Boontida
7 - Meteor

Dear @AZuc 

The error message is about the version of Alteryx; however, now I can open your file.

I think your workflow is the great idea. This can be applied for my workflow in order to avoid the problem above.

Thank you very much.  I really appreciate it.

Labels