Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to confirm CReW Macro Parallel Block Until Done is working

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I am using the CReW Macro tool Parallel Block Until Done to run one part of a workflow before continuing another part.  I am trying to use the Formula tool and DateTimeNow() to confirm when data goes into and comes out of the anchors of the tool, to make sure it is working properly.  The workflow takes between 15s and 20s to run, so I would expect to see time differences, but the time in and out is the same on all anchors. I'm just trying to confirm this is working properly and I thought I could do that with the formulas but it's not working.  Any advice on how to tell if this is setup correctly?   

Ultimately, I have a worksheet that is output called PreviousMonth.  Every time the workflow runs, it is overwritten.  Before it is overwritten, I need to compare it to the current month.  That is what I am using the macro for.

macro 1.png

first part of workflow 2.pngrun 2nd 3.png

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @FreeRangeDingo 

I've attached a simple test that will show you that it indeed does process the output of 1 first then 2. 

Otherwise I think your workflow is setup to do what you need. Everything up to PBUD will go essentially at the same time then you should see that everything out of anchor 1 should complete then start 2. 

Hope this helps. If it does please mark as resolved so that others can find it on the community 🙂

Thanks

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Adding the Wait A Second tool was helpful and a good add to the workflow.  Thank you!

Labels