Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to configure Dynamic Input tool where tab name changes

JamesBarzda
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

Looking for some help to configure the dynamic input tool

My usual process is: directory tool > filter to find my file name > formula to add the sheet name to the FullPath > Dynamic Input > data available 

That works fine where the sheet name is consistent but I have a new quarterly file where the file name is consistent but the sheet name changes (meaning I can't do my formula step). There's only one sheet in the file so I'm looking for a solution to basically 'read in the sheet, regardless of name' for this file name

Any ideas?

Thanks

JB

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @JamesBarzda,

I would recommend using @mceleavey's Dynamic Multi-File Sheet Names - Alteryx Community macro to get the sheet names. All you need to do is give it a list of excel files and it will give you all the sheet names:

file example6.gif

Then you can feed the Full File names (including sheets) to the dynamic input tool or the Import Multiple Schema Excel Files - Alteryx Community. (example attached)

IraWatt_0-1659521232901.png

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

FilipR
11 - Bolide

How about joining your stream with another Input Tool configured to return the <List of Sheet Names>?

FilipR_0-1659521764981.png

FilipR
11 - Bolide

OK, I built something for you.

FilipR_1-1659522534594.png

FilipR_2-1659522541569.png

Sunil_bs
7 - Meteor

Hi, How do i use this for CSV file

Labels