Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to concatenate a string to an Alteryx Tool generated RecordID

FogoFortitude
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

For some reason when I attempt to concatenate a string prefix to my record id the extended string is cut short. 

For example: 

1. Set up Record Id of length 6 as a string

2. Using Formula ID I use the formula below to verwrite the RecordID field...the data preview show me what I want which is EB_000001. However, when Formula runs the results of every RecordID is EB_000?

"EB_"+[RecordID]

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Since recordid is a string of size 6, it will only keep the first 6 characters from for formula. The data preview must not be factoring that in. You could either add a select tool before your formula to change the size, or create a new field in your formula tool that's a bigger size.
FogoFortitude
7 - Meteor

Thanks Patrick,

The work around I used involved the same steps as before except instead of assigning it to the existing RecordID field to be updated created a new System of Record Id column and then dropped the RecordID tool generated column via the Select Tool. 

Labels