Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to compare in one row showing double entries

Bennet
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am working with alteryx for a couple days now and I am still quite impressed but also at the beginning of my journey. ;)

What I am looking for a the moment is a solution which I couldnt solve with exiting disussions for the first time (I believe I wasnt asking the right question).

Anyway, I do have a list where in one row IDs are listed. Some of them are double entries which I like to mark (e.g. "X" in a new column) or as an alternativ using the filter tool to separate them. I am just not quite sure which expression I do have to use. I guess I do have to use the [Row] expression but dont know how.

Can anybody help me here or guide me to the right discussion?

Thanks for reading it. :)

Br

4 REPLIES 4
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Welcome to the community!! :)

Can you perhaps show an example of what your data looks like before, and then an example of what you expect the results to look like? You can use made up numbers/data, but the visual helps us better see what you're trying to achieve.

First guess though would possibly be the Summarize tool (Group by ID to remove the duplicates). Will be better able to answer with some sample data though. Thanks!

NJ

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hi Bennet,

Presuming your ID's are in order, you can use the MultiRow formula tool to check if the row before contains the same ID number:

2017-06-27_15-26-04.png

Bennet
7 - Meteor

Hi,

just as an example what it could look like:

IDdouble entry (already used)
47492x

x

in generell I am open with the solution. I am looking for a way how to highlight them. This could either be done by filter the once that appear more then once ore like above with a new colum that marks the once that are more then once listed.

Br

Bennet
7 - Meteor

Hi Lord,

yes they are. I used the sort-tool for that. :)

While seeing your screen shot I can tell I was really close but didnt know the right expression. :)

@all have a nice day and thanks for your help this was really fast and I could solve my problem right away.

Br Bennet

Labels