Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to clear filters on a column?

jonnyrask
8 - Asteroid

If I set a filter on a column, how can I clear that filter?

7 REPLIES 7
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jonnyrask ,

you can clear your filter by clicking in the 3 dots and the x button after.

fmvizcaino_0-1592841335266.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

pankajk
10 - Fireball

Hi @jonnyrask  - not sure what your use case is but you can always built different workflow stream from the tool before the filter that has 'unfiltered' data. If you share more details or be more specific, we can help.

pankajk_0-1592841384154.png

jonnyrask
8 - Asteroid

I want to clear the filter in the Alteryx code, not done manually

jonnyrask
8 - Asteroid

So the workflow that is below will be run with the initial data?

pankajk
10 - Fireball

correct, so the 'filter' stream will be having only 'filtered' data while the other stream where I built the formula will have all the data.

if you share your data/workflow than I can share more info or graphics.

pankajk
10 - Fireball

another way is to bring the union tool and combine "True" and "False" streams:

pankajk_0-1592842128983.png

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

If you created a filter using a Filter tool, simply removing the Filter tool and re-running the workflow will remove it. You can think of the tools as analytic processes that you are building onto one another. If you delete a tool, you no longer have that process in place.

If you filtered in the results window (by clicking on the three dots in the corner), you can click on the three bars and select Revert to Original.

echuong1_0-1592844158787.png

Labels