Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to choose Database in SQL Server

Henrik
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I just dont understand how I can choose a databse destination in SQL Server thru Alteryx?

Apparently I can only choose table but then I just populate/create the destination table in SQL Server master database and I dont want the table there ie I want to populate the table in another databse, HOW?

4 REPLIES 4
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

I generally just do data pulls, hooking the Input Tool to a source database... but if I were writing back to a different database, I would pass my data into an Output Tool hooked to my target database and table.  Is that not working for you?

Henrik
6 - Meteoroid

I use Output Data tool to write in a SQL Server databse it all works fine except that I cannot choose any database or at least I dont know how to choose any, at the moment it writes to SQL Server maser database since I dont know how to choose my specific databse.

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It depends on how you are connecting to SQL Server. 

If you connect through OLEDB, then when you set up the connection for the Output Data tool, you pick from a dropdown list the database you are wanting to connect to.

If you connect through ODBC, you need to make sure that your DSN is defaulting to the database that you want to output to. (I think it will default to Master if you don't choose any other database explicitly.)

Henrik
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks a lot man!

That was precicely what I was looking after : )

Labels