Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to check if a file is available in sftp location

preethisisaac
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Am able to download contents of the sftp file sftp://sftp.sense.com/outgoing/20200902_webvisit.csv

separately with download tool.

Can i pass the sftp file name and find out if it is available (TRUE) or not available(FALSE) in the sftp directory sftp://sftp.sense.com/outgoing/.

How to list down the files available in a particular sftp directory with download tool. Or is there any other options to do this.

Please help.

Thanks,

Preethi

6 REPLIES 6
RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@preethisisaac have you tried using the Directory tool for this?

preethisisaac
8 - Asteroid

Hi @RishiK ,

Am not sure how to use the directory tool for sftp directory.

Please could you suggest.

Thanks,

RishiK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@preethisisaac can you synch a local network folder to the sftp directory? If so you can then use the Directory tool to read from this synched folder or path.

preethisisaac
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

What is the minimum permission needed for the folder/directory in sftp , so that I can read/list the files from sftp location?

Thanks,

Preethi

preethisisaac
8 - Asteroid

Am able to read the file contents and even load into database, but not able to list down the file names  in the folder.

Please help. What might be the reason for this issue.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @preethisisaac ,

I would recommend the Teknion toolkit which you can download HERE.

They have an sftp tool that acts like a Directory tool for sftp. You can use the "List" mode to return a list of files in a given location.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Labels