Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to change xlsb file to xlsx using macro or read xlsb file using marco

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

I would like to ask if anyone of you have the read macro to read the multiple xlsb file with the following criteria:

1. Different sheetname

2. Different schema

3. One tab per one excel file

Or is anyone have the marco to change from xlsb to xlsx file?

I have try the other marco uploaded but it failed .

Appreciate if someone can help on this.

7 REPLIES 7
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SH_94 ,

I think you can use the wildcard input from crew macros.

http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

One thing you need to keep in mind is that you need to also install a specific drive to be able to read xlsxb files and you can find more here.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Enable-Microsoft-Excel-Binar...

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SH_94 - I have created a workflow, which saves as all XLSBs to XLSCs without worrying what's inside. This is similar as if you'd open all your XLSBs in Excel and "Save as..." them.

ArtApa_0-1633980436871.png

In order to run this workflow you need:

1) Connect your Directory tool to the right folder

2) Check location of the "excelcnv.exe" file on your laptop and change it in the formula tool, if needed.

Is that something that you wanted?

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @ArtApa ,

Yup this is something that i looking for.

May i know if you have the workflow that read xlsb file with marco attached? As i would like to look for alternative way to read the xlsb file directly instead of converting to xlsx file first then only read the xlsx file in the alteryx.

Thank you.

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ArtApa ,

This command tool is brilliant. However, it could not work in Gallery.

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

@ArtApa Would you please further update the code so that the converted xlsx will be deleted automatically after import finished?

sarah_salisbury
5 - Atom

Hi @JokeFun, I am also facing this same issue with converting xlsb files to xlsx, and this tool not being able to run in the gallery. How did you resolve this?

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

I have not got a solution on this yet. We are actually converting the format by using excel macros and then let Gallery process the xlsx files.

Labels