Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to change the date format and keep the date type

pjangthongsiri
5 - Atom

Hi everyone!

I have a quick question regarding how to change the date format and keep the date type.

Let's say... I have a column that has a string type with the date value of dd/mm/yyyy. I used datetime tool to change this column type from string to date but the format has changed to yyyy-mm-dd. Then, I used the dateformat formula to edit the date value format but the type of this column has changed to the string type by doing this. Is there a way to have the date structure of "dd/mm/yyyy" and have a date type?

Appreciate any awnswers! Cheers! 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @pjangthongsiri 

Alteryx supported date format is only yyyy-mm-dd changing to any other format will change it to string.

If you are overwriting/appending the data to the same excel file you can use method of preserve output formatting of output tool. You can format your date column in excel (would be needed only once) as required and each time alteryx writes to that excel it will be displayed in the same format.

atcodedog05_0-1622621603454.png

Hope this helps 🙂

pjangthongsiri
5 - Atom

Hi @atcodedog05 

Thank you so much for your help!

Labels