Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to change the dark color of the tool or menu palette in Version 2018.4.3.54046?

sameerpremji
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I can't seem to find an option to change the background color or the menu/category headers of the tool palette. By default, it comes with a dark background color after installing this version but there's no option to change this. See screenshot below.

Dark_Background_Color.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Correct, you can't change the colours of the UI from within the product. 

What are your comments here/feedback? Alteryx have done a lot of work with the UI and have shared it at both the US and Europe conferences so they've had a lot of feedback to work through and I think it looks great!

sameerpremji
8 - Asteroid

A couple of Analysts have come forward with their feedback to have the option to change the background under User Settings. As you know, a lot of Developers and Analysts have different UI preferences, so the ability to give them a flexible option to change these settings to whatever their liking is, would be key. For instance, one Analyst already came forward and said that s/he would like to revert the UI colour to what it was in the previous version or something else, which may be Accessibility-friendly to the eyes.

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @sameerpremji,

Thank you for your feedback! Alteryx is always looking for ways that we can continually improve upon the product.
If you could, please post this feedback under the Designer Ideas board. We use the ideas section as a way to monitor feedback, as well as let other users weigh in on the ideas they agree with.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have further questions!

Thanks,

TrevorS

Community Moderator
Labels