Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to change excel sheet order

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx Team,

I am currently using the block until done tool to place my output excel in 3 different sheets..however the sheet order is off when running. How do I solve the order of the sheets to be according to my fancy?

5 REPLIES 5
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @henrygeorge 

I sometimes find adding additional tools to my workflow can better control the order in which the sheets get written....

Capture.PNG

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you are using the Render tool to output formatted Excel sheets, then the sheet order will be alphabetic according to sheet name. I typically recommend adding a sheet number prefix if a specific order is desired. 

Jay_Clark
5 - Atom

I use a leading space to move " Summary" tab in front of the "Details" tab.  

IvanFonseca
7 - Meteor

Hi @CharlieS ,

Is this still the only solution to change orders of sheets in the render tool? by using a prefix?

Thanks!

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@IvanFonseca wrote:

Hi @CharlieS ,

Is this still the only solution to change orders of sheets in the render tool? by using a prefix?

Thanks!

Yes. The rendered sheets will be string-sorted. I typically just number my sheets in the order I want.

Labels