Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to capture run status of workflow

hima_shar
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, I have two problems.

1) I am using a script to trigger my workflow using below command. and it is running fine.

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin>AlteryxService.exe addtoqueue="C:\Users\Admin\Documents\<WorkflowName>",localhost:<Port>,<SecretKey>

I want to perform certain action through my script if workflow fails. Is there a way to know that workflow has failed. does it return something like exit code to the script?

2) I also require to capture run status of the workflow in a oracle table. i.e Status 'Success' is easy to achieve as I can populate the table within the workflow itself with status 'Success'. I am not getting how to put 'Fail' status as if workflow fails it will not update the table either.

Can anyone please help?

Regards

Himanshu

3 REPLIES 3
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @hima_shar

There's an option to trigger an event (run command or send an email)

• After run
  • After run with errors
  • After run without errors

To enable this, navigate to the Workflow configuration > Events tab and make sure events are enabled. You can then configure the action you'd like to trigger - this can be anything you can run on a command line so you can run a batch file or another Alteryx workflow depending on an outcome.

An alternative would be the Conditional Runner tool available in the CrEW Macros package.

Screenshot_4.png

hima_shar
8 - Asteroid

@MichalM Thank you for your help. I just tried it. It is working very well.  To update the table with failed status, I have created another workflow which runs from command line if original workflow fails (After run with errors).

Regards

Himanshu

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Brilliant! Glad to hear.

Labels