Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to calculate running average

ShaileshDevadiga
7 - Meteor

Hi,

For below I would like to run similar formula in Alteryx for  Average VVWAP
Formula says that average vwap needs to be average of VWAP column. 
For example on 1st Jan 2022, vwap was 2 so average vwap is 2. On 2nd Feb 2022, average will be (2+3)/2, similarly for 3rd March 2022 it needs to be (2+3+4)/3 and accordingly as an when we add rows, it will keep on taking average accordingly

At Bottom left corner I need Average Purchase price , average vwap and performance
Average Purchase price needs to last average purchase [price updated on Average Price column, similarly for Average VVWAP
For example
If I on 05-05-2022 - Average purchase price is showing 95.3333, then average purchase price should be same 95.333
Next day on 05-06-2022, if i add 96, then average purchase price will also change to 96, so its always latest one.

Attached Input and formula
Please assist.

3 REPLIES 3
JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@ShaileshDevadiga hi, please take a look at my proposed solution.

JarekSkudrzyk_0-1651003384917.png

ShaileshDevadiga
7 - Meteor

Thank You JarekSkudrzyk, this fixes the 1st Issue,
How shall we go for 2nd Issue , i.e Average Purchase Price, Average VVWAP and Performance at Bottom left corner, ensuring that when ever we add new line it auto calculates the last line column Average Purchase Price and VVWAP

JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@ShaileshDevadiga the 2nd issue is solved in the second leg of the workflow - it is also dynamic so the values will change if you add new data

JarekSkudrzyk_0-1651521745869.png

Labels