Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to calculate average per store number

mxledesma
7 - Meteor

Hello All, 

I am having trouble how to calculate the average transit_year  on each store number from 100 to 108 from a region area which is south. 

I have an output of Stores ranging from 100 to 108. Each store has a # with a particular transit_year value. 

If a store number has several transit_year value how do you pull that out and calculate its average and sort it to get the 5 highest average value. 

If you can give me some examples, that would be great.

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mxledesma ,

You can use the summarize tool to calculate the averages, then use the sort tool to order from higher to lower and lastly the sample tool to filter the first 5 rows.

fmvizcaino_0-1591676861698.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @mxledesma , if you have read the question carefully it itself says that  TransInYear column represents the average number of transactions that customer made over the year, so there is no need of calculating the average transactions. Please check the screenshot for the solution.

Thanks!

grazitti_sapna_0-1591678169305.png

Sapna Gupta
mxledesma
7 - Meteor

Thank you. It does say transinyear represents the average number of transactions. Wow, i should read question carefully. Also, I would looking at help and all the inputs that helped to understand the workflow. It is a learning curve. Again, thanks so much.

Michael ledesma

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@mxledesma , You're most welcome.

Sapna Gupta
Labels