Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to bold string in formula tool?

richleeb2
8 - Asteroid

I'm using the formula tool to draft an email for google scripts.  Is it possible to bold some words in the excel output?  I would be copying the excel output to google docs so I can send the email.

6 REPLIES 6
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @richleeb2 

In order to apply formatting like that you could have to use tools in the reporting pallet. Using either the table tool or report text tool will give you the ability you’re looking for.

hope this helps!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @richleeb2,

You can use the Table tool to format the data if you're outputting to Excel (see attached workflow):

IraWatt_0-1667241875608.png

IraWatt_1-1667241926452.png

If you have any other Excel Alteryx questions make sure to check out the Alteryx & Excel guide, it has quick answers to most all Excel + Alteryx questions: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Resources/Alteryx-amp-Excel-Guide/ta-p/991380?utm...

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

richleeb2
8 - Asteroid

I need to bold parts of a paragraph, not from a specific field from a table.  The entire message in the email output is in 1 cell.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Okay @richleeb2 then use the Report text tool and build your message there and bold the bits you want 

IraWatt_0-1667242877236.png

Essentially the output is just HTML which you could also try and replicate:

IraWatt_1-1667242922534.png

richleeb2
8 - Asteroid
Email Message
<p>Hello,please read before responding.  This is a test.
<p>Hello,please read before responding.  This is a test.

The above is an idea of what my output currently looks like but with 3000 rows.  It is in html format and I only want to bold "please read" in all of the messages.

richleeb2
8 - Asteroid

I was able to just bold using html <b></b> within the formula tool.  Thanks anyways!

Labels