Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to assign users to workflow ?

anil_m
8 - Asteroid

I am planning to give access to my workflow to only a few users within a collection, not all the users in that collection.

To achieve this requirement, i am planning to get username using  "__cloud:UserId", and validate this username using predefined user list which available in a static file.  But when I use "__cloud:UserId", I am not getting any username in my gallery.  I have attached the workflow to get a username for reference.

Also, Please suggest me if there is any better solution for this scenario.

1 REPLY 1
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

While I can't necessarily recommend the __cloud:UserId as it is an undocumented, unsupported feature of Alteryx, it is the best way I know of to get the information you need.

The trick here is that the tool NAME actually has to be __cloud:UserId as well or it won't work.

The attached example should get you the UserId.  From there, you should be able to sort out if it would be easier to get information from the mongo in this process to dynamically pull usernames, or to keep a list of userids that are "allowed".

Labels