Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to assign a unique Identifier to a duplicate row

nick22
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone,

I have a data set that tracks how an account moves through the sales stages.

What I am trying to do is create a row for the first stage by duplicating the existing record and moving existing data from one field to the other and null the previous field. Attached are screenshots to better explain.

Here is my data after the rows have been duplicated.

sales rep 1.PNG

For Record ID 1 and so on I need to:

take the created date value and move it to the Edit Date field then null the created date

take the old value field and move it to the new values field and null the old value

The issues is where, [generate row] = 0 I need to keep the second 0 for each opp-id the same and make the changes to just that first row for each opp-id.

So the final result needs to look like this.

sales rep 2.PNG 

Any and all suggestions are welcome Thank you,

Nick

3 REPLIES 3
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @nick22

I have attached a workflow (11.0) which should be dynamic to your needs. I have annotated the process within the workflow for more detail. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

nick22
8 - Asteroid

@JordanB

Thank you so much this works perfectly.

razzy
8 - Asteroid

So how can you help with this which is quite similar to what you have done even though different. I was finding solution when i came across you string. attached is the question and the data sheet.

Thanks

Hi All, I have a data set with the first column as an identifier, i am trying to copy the first seven columns (B-H) in the data set if any entry exits from the columns I-ED when the identifier that is column A is the same. can someone help with this attached is the worksheet Thanks

Labels