Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to arrange similar column names side by side and its results after the comparison

I have two excel sheets having same column names and i have to compare the columns in a way like print the similar columns side by side  and print the result as True or False in a new column . 

please find the sheets below.

sheet_1 is my first sheet 

sheet_2 is my second sheet

Result is the expected sheet

Note : Here Joining is done based on Emp ID field.

please mention the workflow how to proceed in order to get the expected result as Result sheet

4 REPLIES 4
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @suneelkumarparvatala ,

I've mocked up a workflow that answers your question.

AngelosPachis_0-1608047729470.png

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions on the workflow

Cheers,

Angelos

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @suneelkumarparvatala , I had a similar problem to deal with earlier in one my projects. I tried using the same way as @AngelosPachis  but I had around 100+ columns in one sheet so it took forever to create a formula for specific column. Therefore, I came up with a dynamic solution irrespective of the fact no matter there are n number of columns. Please refer to the screenshot and workflow attached along with this post.

grazitti_sapna_0-1608100203683.png

Kindly go through it and let me know in case you have any query and mark this post as solution if useful.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta

Thanks @AngelosPachis, your framed solution helps me.

Hi @grazitti_sapna, yes i have columns more than 30 and i have to write similar logic for most of them.

thanks for the solution .

Labels