Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
There's still time to register for the Q3 ACE Panel - Spatial Edition presentation tomorrow! | Need more information about the event? Check out the post here

How to apply multi row formula to multiple columns

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

Please suggest how to use multirow formula on multiple columns.

Sunitha_0-1594885746711.png

currently i would have to consider all columns mentioned above. attached are sample workflow in 2018.3 version. 

Sunitha_1-1594885840447.png

i have only used period column in sample workflow please suggest solution as i would need to consider remaining columns also.

Thanks,

Sunitha 

Highlighted
10 - Fireball

Hi Sunitha,

You cannot use the same multi-row function on multiple columns, however, you can transpose your columns so that they are in 2 columns (Name and Value) and then use the multi-row function grouped by Name. You would need to use the cross tab tool after the calculation to get your data structure back to the original. I would demonstrate but I'm not sure what fields this would be appropriate for.

You could also use a multi-row formula for each calculation.

Best,

Michael

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hi Michael ,

currently i tried few ways i attached Please let me know what you feel. Below mentioned are columns which i would like to consider.

Kindly share if you ave any examples that would be very helpful for me as i'm beginner in alteryx

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Sunitha_0-1594912303828.png

Highlighted
10 - Fireball

Hi Sunitha,

Maybe I was confused, Do you want the 12 Month Sales within each category?

If so you just need to modify your multi-row tool with the following group by options.

If not, you haven't identified any numeric fields that you want to add the 12 month rolling calculation to.

MichaelLaRose_0-1594915256214.png

Let me know,

Michael

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Yes Michael,

i would need 12 Month Sales within each category,

Because in my report i would have to filter data( ie.. 12 months sales) based on MPG,Market , Period and BU.

Kindly share your copy.

Labels