Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to allocate value to group memebers

jagjit_singh
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I want to allocate income amount to customers based as below

1) The first adult in the tenancy gets allocated income amount 585. The other adults in the tenancy get allocated 225.

2) Similarly the first child in the tenancy gets allocated income amount 285 and the 2nd, 3rd, etc childern get allocated 95

I have uploaded my sample dataset and desired output here:

https://app.box.com/s/lhexkurnfhitwirl9aut7ff9y4537vy8

Thanks

Jag

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I took a simple approach to this.  I created an Allowance table to append to each row.  This externalizes the amounts from the program.  You could store this outside of the module and call it with updated values in the future.  I separate the Adults from the Children and then assign a person number (by Adult vs Child) to each HH member.  After I append the values, it is a simple IF THEN statement that assigns the amounts.

Capture.PNG

I hope that this solves your need.

Thanks,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
tom_montpool
12 - Quasar

There is probably another way, but I've given you two different options, one using Running Total, another with Tile.

For some reason I can't post the YXZP so you'll have to use the sample dataset you posted.

jagjit_singh
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Mark but in the final output under the income column i get True instead of the allocation amount.

Capture1.PNG

Thanks

Jag

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
The field must be a Boolean type. Please change it to int16. Sorry
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels