Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to adjust Where statement in SQL for ODBC connection?

Bart
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have created a work flow using input data from Teradata with SQL through an ODBC connection. Now I am looking for a way to update the Where statements in the SQL without having to go into the SQL code. I think Alteryx offers a way to do this, but I am not sure how. How should I approach this?

Would be great if you can share an example with screenshots.

Thanks!

Regards,

Bart

3 REPLIES 3
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

Bart,

Dynamic Input tool is your helper and check the below one

it should help 

http://blog.concentra.co.uk/2015/02/23/alteryx-perform-dynamic-incremental-data-extracts/ 

Bart
5 - Atom

Hi s_pichaipillai,

Thanks! That was indeed what I was looking for. I made the flow a bit more simple (see below).

I did encounter that Alteryx does not like SQL functions in the Where statement for updating. Removing the the SQL function made the particular condition available to update with the dynamic tool.

simple flow

Regards,

Bart

omkar22k
5 - Atom

Hey,

I know it is about 5 years since you posted this. But the article seems to be removed. Can you share any references similar to this?

I am trying to use a 'dynamic input' to update my SQL query with the 'SQL: UPDATE WHERE CLAUSE' and while using the ODBC connector, the WHERE clause is not shown in the drop down. 

Regards,

Omkar

Labels