Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add rows with a formula for different months and split the amount?

pkmc
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone,

I have a query I am unable to figure out, really appreciate anyone's help!

I wish to break down a period > 1 month into different rows and simultaneously also break down the amount.

While i understand the initial step would be to split the months and convert them into alteryx readable date format, not sure about how to proceed.

Here is the Input and the intended Output data respectively (also attached the excel file):

(also, i cannot perform dragging vendor name down using a multi row formula on the entire data set as few line items in between are meant to have no vendor names)

VendorPeriodAmount
AApr 22 - Jun 2290
BMay 22 - Jun 2230
COct 22 - Dec 22120

VendorPeriodAmount
AApr-2230
AMay-2230
AJun-2230
BMay-2215
BJun-2215
COct-2240
CNov-2240
CDec-2240
4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @pkmc,

Here is one way:

IraWatt_0-1669302657286.png

I use the sample tool to get the first and last period for each vendor then used a summarize tool to concatenate them. I then joined that with a summary of vendor and ammount.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @pkmc 

One way of doing this

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1669302920744.png

pkmc
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @IraWatt 
in your solution the input and output have been reversed
so the input is the first table in the query where the period is Apr 22 - Jun 22 and so on
and the table below in the query is the intended Output 

Felipe's solution has worked
Thank you for your efforts, really appreciate them! 

pkmc
6 - Meteoroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 

Thank you so much brother, really appreciate it!

Labels