Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add or subtract Time

adneyadeodhar
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

I have recently started using Alteryx. I have a question. I want to subtract just time to get an hour difference. 

e.g 

I want to subtract 17:29 - 04:00. How can I do that? 

6 REPLIES 6
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

If you don't need it to be converted to a DateTime format, then the following formula should work:

ToString(ToNumber(Left("17:49",2))-4) + TrimLeft("17:49",Left("17:49",2))

adneyadeodhar
6 - Meteoroid

Hey 

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@adneyadeodhar I think the formula you are looking for is:

if [Calculation] = "TRUE" then datetimediff([DateTime_Out],[Row-1:DateTime_Out], 'minutes') then else [DateTime_Out] endif... that should do the trick. 

Digan
Alteryx
adneyadeodhar
6 - Meteoroid

Hey @

Thank you for your response. I tried the solution which you suggested but, it is not working. I have attached the screenshot for reference. 

In the screenshot, Adneya is O/p column where your solution should return 02:43:00 for the highlighted row. But, it is returning 00:00:00

Alteryx.PNG 

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @adneyadeodhar,

It looks like the formula and field formats are not consistent.  The 'DateTimeDiff" formula returns a number format, not a DateTime format, so the formula you are using on the highlighted row would return '163' as a result, not 02:43:00.  If you need the result in that format, you will need to change the minutes to hours (see attached workflow for example).

adneyadeodhar
6 - Meteoroid

@T_Willins

This worked! Thank you.

Labels