Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add or subtract Time

adneyadeodhar
6 - Meteoroid

Hello!

I have recently started using Alteryx. I have a question. I want to subtract just time to get an hour difference. 

e.g 

I want to subtract 17:29 - 04:00. How can I do that? 

6 REPLIES 6
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

If you don't need it to be converted to a DateTime format, then the following formula should work:

ToString(ToNumber(Left("17:49",2))-4) + TrimLeft("17:49",Left("17:49",2))

adneyadeodhar
6 - Meteoroid

Hey 

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@adneyadeodhar I think the formula you are looking for is:

if [Calculation] = "TRUE" then datetimediff([DateTime_Out],[Row-1:DateTime_Out], 'minutes') then else [DateTime_Out] endif... that should do the trick. 

Digan
Alteryx
adneyadeodhar
6 - Meteoroid

Hey @

Thank you for your response. I tried the solution which you suggested but, it is not working. I have attached the screenshot for reference. 

In the screenshot, Adneya is O/p column where your solution should return 02:43:00 for the highlighted row. But, it is returning 00:00:00

Alteryx.PNG 

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @adneyadeodhar,

It looks like the formula and field formats are not consistent.  The 'DateTimeDiff" formula returns a number format, not a DateTime format, so the formula you are using on the highlighted row would return '163' as a result, not 02:43:00.  If you need the result in that format, you will need to change the minutes to hours (see attached workflow for example).

adneyadeodhar
6 - Meteoroid

@T_Willins

This worked! Thank you.

Labels