Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add more nicknames into fuzzy match tool?

knozawa
11 - Bolide

Hello,

I use a fuzzy match tool and would like to add more nicknames into the tool.  Does anyone know how to do that?

Sincerely,

Kazumi

11 REPLIES 11
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
http://downloads.alteryx.com/Alteryx/Help/FuzzyFAQ.htm

Yes. Under the match function section of the Fuzzy Matching tool there is an option that utilizes a common Nickname table to check against and further identify duplicates. This selection can be used on a field that contains only the first name or a field that contains both first and last name. Adding to the Nickname table can be done by updating the database (Common Nicknames.yxdb ) located here: \ProgramFiles\Alteryx\RuntimeData\FuzzyMatch\Nicknames\

The Fuzzy Matching tool can also recognize independent Nickname tables by putting a copy of the table in the Nicknames folder. Tables in this directory will become available from the drop down box in the Nicknames section of the Fuzzy Matching tool.
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
knozawa
11 - Bolide

Thank you @MarqueeCrew!

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@knozawa,

You're quite welcome. 

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
knozawa
11 - Bolide

@MarqueeCrew,

Do you know if this is an Alteryx administrator license issue or Windows issue?

Save Data Issue.pngLicense Manager Issue.png

Sincerely,

Kazumi

knozawa
11 - Bolide

@MarqueeCrew,

Update:

I followed this link: How to Always Run Alteryx as an Administrator

After I changed the Alteryx property to run Alteryx as an Administrator, I could save data into the bin.

Sincerely,

Kazumi

JudyN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The path has been updated to the following:

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\FuzzyMatch\Nicknames

skharel
5 - Atom

I was able to add my own nickname table, 'AART Nicknames' into the 'Nicknames' folder but it is not showing as an option the drop down box when I try to edit match options for 'nicknames/abbreviation table (word match only)'. Do you know why this would be?

knozawa
11 - Bolide

@skharel 

How about restarting Alteryx designer?

Sincerely,

knozawa

skharel
5 - Atom

I've tried that. It does not fix the problem. 

Labels