Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add columns and keep a certain range of it

Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

Can you please help me to find the correct way to add a column in a existing file/input with only keeping a certain range of it.

As an example please see attached workflow: 

I have different SKUs  with the sales numbers per period. How can I add like period 4 to the main sheet but only keep the range of 3 periods?

And how is that if there are new item numbers showing up in the data file I like to add?

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Pascal 

6 REPLIES 6
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Can you kindly explain a little bit more about what you want to achieve?

The excel spreadsheet with information about how the final data output should look like would be perfect. 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Pascal_R , you can try something like this.

grazitti_sapna_0-1597993568235.png

Here I have joined the records using materia as the key, then union the right output in case you want to add a new material to the exisiting file, then I have applied a block until done tool in order to read data first from input file then output the data by overwriting the existing file.

I hope this solves your purpose.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

Hi @grazitti_sapna 

Somehow I'm not able to open your attached format yxzp. however that is the first step I'm looking for.

Do you also know how to fix the range of the columns? It this example we had first  Period 1, Period 2, Period 3 if I now add Period 4 I like that Period 1 disappears in order to have only 3 periods in scope...

Thank you already for your support here.

Thank you,

Pascal

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Pascal_R , give this a try for opening the file and if you are using older version of alteryx than open the workfow in notepad and then change  the version into the one you are using.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Pascal_R
8 - Asteroid

HI @grazitti_sapna 

I can open it now thank you for that. If you would have any suggestion on the fixing the QTYs of the columns I really would appreciate it.

Regards,

Pascal

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Pascal_R ,give this a try if it works.

grazitti_sapna_0-1597995067447.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Labels