Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to add blank rows with specific column has a group by sum value?

wendyzjy
8 - Asteroid

hi experts,

would like to seek your help to add blank row group by conditions and get a sum up value.

eg. The left green part is the input file, the right blue part is the expect out put. I would like to get in a blank rows with manual adjustment group by geo and Type, and an another row to calculation the sum up amount with manual adjustment. Also would have the same header on each of the section of different geo and type. Any good suggestions for this please? Uploaded the example file for your reference. 

wendyzjy_0-1650772281806.png

1 REPLY 1
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

Youre example file doesnt look like the example input you have in the posting. There is no Geo or Type and the numbers dont look the same either.

I mocked up a couple rows of data based on the input you do show in the screenshot, but a larger sample would be better.

Im also not sure how you are wanting to deal with the manual adjustments in your workflow. What decides if there are 2 or 1? Where in the data would we get this info? Is the workflow expected to create the totals, or would those get calculated by excel?

Ignoring those questions, I did come up with a batch macro that may help point you in the right direction. Without knowing where the manual adjustments come from, I didnt do anything with a totals.

There are probably ways to do with without a batch macro, but this was the first thing that came to mind for me.

Labels