Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add $ as excel format in basic table output + render tool?

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Greetings all.

I need to add a $ symbol on columns that represent a financial value. There a monetary format in excel, but I would like to automate this step. Is it possible?

I could easily add a string using formula tool, but that would make my output cell into a string and thus it wouldn't be able to sum values.

Joker_Hazard_0-1652221577225.png

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Joker_Hazard you can add the $ symbol as pre-fix in the table property

binuacs_0-1652221832899.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Joker_Hazard 
We can use the "Preserve Formatting on Override" option by presetting the column format to be "Currency" in Excel.

@binuacs NIce one. Learned something new.

0511-Joker_Hazard.PNG

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hi!

I am using render tool so I can't use any output to excel. Is there any workaround?

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Thanks Binu. 

May I ask how to make excel understand that the outputed cell with $ is a currency so it can be summed? Today if I use this approach, it will be read as string, thus not be able to sum values.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Joker_Hazard the $ will be treating as currency format the underlying values will be numbers. You can sum these amounts in excel .  

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Awesome. It did work!! Thanks Binu!

Labels