Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add a new empty column without label?

mlozovskaya
8 - Asteroid

I would like to add a few empty columns with no labels or date to be used as a data separation block at existing workflow. I used formula tool to add a column with "" value but system is required to create a column name 

3 REPLIES 3
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @mlozovskaya,

as far as I know, you won't be able to have empty columns names and there is no trickery around. I tried to cross tab empty rows, but it renames the column name to '_Empty_'. I personally would just indicate "placeholder" columns with __ in front and in the end and that's it.

__placeholder__

Best

Alex

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @mlozovskaya,

This could be done by adding a column with a formula tool for example "Placeholder1" and using a dynamic rename against a lookup table to rename each Placeholder column to each hold a unique number of whitespace.

image.png

The reference table holds two columns, firstly the old column name and secondly the new column name. The new column name value is simply " " (one whitespace). If you want to rename a second column, for example Placeholder2 you'd want to use two whitespace as the new column header "  ".

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

mlozovskaya
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your help @Jonathan-Sherman

Labels