Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add a hyperlink to the body of an email?

Tmy8ster
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Looking to simply add a hyperlink the body of an email and cant seem to google or stumble my way on an answer.  I'd like something like below:

Hi,

Thank you for the email.  To complete the form please click HERE. 

Seems pretty straight forward but I'm not able to get there. 

I've created the hyperlink using the Report Text icon called [HYPERLINK] but I cannot seem to merge the 2.  See below.

Capture.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
danrh
13 - Pulsar

You can add a hyperlink from the toolbar:

image.png

Then, type the text you want displayed (or select the field you want displayed) and then type the URL or select the field where you've calculated the URL.

image.png

Does this help/makes sense?

Tmy8ster
7 - Meteor

Thanks danrh,

I was able to get that far as to creating the hyperlink but where I'm struggling is how to incorporate that hyperlink field in with the rest of the text body.  Your solution works if I only include a field into the body of the email.  I want the hyperlink and the desired text incorporated in both seamlessly

Capture.JPG

danrh
13 - Pulsar

I'm not sure I understand. If you build the entire body of the email in a Report Text tool, you can incorporate a hyperlink. Then, use the resulting field (the default name of this field is "Text") as the body of your email.

Report Text tool (build the whole body of your email here):

image.png

Email tool:

image.png

Email received:
image.png

Is there a reason you don't want to use a field as the body of your email?

Tmy8ster
7 - Meteor

This worked perfectly!  Thank you kindly.

chris4987
7 - Meteor

Hi! I found this thread and had a follow up question. The solution worked for me, however I am getting 26 emails, 1 email per row in my output data.

How do I solver for this so my data is not touched, but I only get 1 email?

joshbennett
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

@chris4987 

You just want to pass a single record per recipient to the Email tool. So, if you are passing data from a field to the "Body", you can use Summarize to concatenate the different lines of your email body down into a single row using a new line character (\n).

Labels