Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add TS Forecast Factory Tool to Alteryx

dhavasa3
7 - Meteor

I use the 2018.1 x64 version of Alteryx. I have tried to download the TS Forecast Factory Tool from Alteryx Analytics Gallery. I could download and open it as a workflow. Not sure what to do after this point to add the tool to Alteryx and configure. Same query withTS Model Factory Tool.

3 REPLIES 3
NickSm
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @dhavasa3 ,

When you download the TS Factory tool, you can save that workflow as a macro.  So if you go to File > Save As, save it as a .yxmc somewhere you can find it again, often it's helpful to make an "Alteryx Macros" folder. 

Then to add the tool to your toolbar you can go to Options->User Settings->Edit User Settings and then the macro tab you can add additional locations for Alteryx to load macros to the tool bar from.

You should then see the tool in in your Designer tool ribbon that can be drag and dropped into your workflows.

PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Download the workflow package, open it, and save the macro to your macro folder. This will map it so you can see the tool in your macros tab in your tool bar. 

You can find your macro folder by going to User Settings-->Edit User Settings--> and clicking on the macros tab: 

clipboard_image_0.png

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@dhavasa3 

There's options to add a specific directory as a macro repo that will load tools into your tool palette or you can add it into to your workflow by right clicking on the canvas Insert > Macro.

image.png

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

Labels