Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add New line in email body passed as a link in Report text tool

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

Hello ! 

I have a requirement where i am sending emails through alteryx and the emails have a URL in them. Upon clicking the URL an email is triggered in outlook with pre filled email body. The difficulty I am having is how to add lines in the content of the body. Here is a screenshot. I want the body and Field1 and Field 2 to be in separate lines when the email window opens in outlook. Currently all of the content if showing in just one single line. 

AbhijeetChib_0-1669906570908.png

10 REPLIES 10
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

Hi @fmvizcaino 

I made the change but in the email trigger, it just adds the </b></b> in the email body. 

AbhijeetChib_2-1669913607637.png

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

@fmvizcaino Thank you for sharing my writing!

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

@AbhijeetChib Can you share a screenshot of your formulas pls.

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

@FreeRangeDingo here is the formula tool for the field value - AIS_Email Body

AbhijeetChib_0-1669918681260.png

This formula then goes to the Report Text tool. Where I need to create a link, which when clicked triggers an email with the Field AIS_Email Body as the body of the triggered email from clicking the link. The issue if everything is just coming in a same line. 

AbhijeetChib_1-1669918892906.png

I tried with the available fields option as well but, it always stays in the same line. 

(I have changed the field names)

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

You need to include the HTML in your formulas. I use the replace expression to replace the carriage returns with the HTML in my third formula shown below.  That is what you are missing. 

https://www.bigmountainanalytics.com/how-to-include-line-breaks-in-an-alteryx-email/

This is a screenshot from the blog post that shows it.

FreeRangeDingo_0-1669919178079.png

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

@FreeRangeDingo  I have tried that, after watching your video but do they work in the Report text tool ? Also when i tried it just kept printing <br/> in the triggered email 

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I haven't tried with the Report Text tool, only Email tool.

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

@FreeRangeDingo  in another simplified example, every change is line is replaced by <br.> but it just prints it instead of changing the line

AbhijeetChib_0-1669921589806.png

Labels