Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add New line in email body passed as a link in Report text tool

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

Hello ! 

I have a requirement where i am sending emails through alteryx and the emails have a URL in them. Upon clicking the URL an email is triggered in outlook with pre filled email body. The difficulty I am having is how to add lines in the content of the body. Here is a screenshot. I want the body and Field1 and Field 2 to be in separate lines when the email window opens in outlook. Currently all of the content if showing in just one single line. 

AbhijeetChib_0-1669906570908.png

10 REPLIES 10
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

Hi @fmvizcaino 

I made the change but in the email trigger, it just adds the </b></b> in the email body. 

AbhijeetChib_2-1669913607637.png

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

@fmvizcaino Thank you for sharing my writing!

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

@AbhijeetChib Can you share a screenshot of your formulas pls.

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

@FreeRangeDingo here is the formula tool for the field value - AIS_Email Body

AbhijeetChib_0-1669918681260.png

This formula then goes to the Report Text tool. Where I need to create a link, which when clicked triggers an email with the Field AIS_Email Body as the body of the triggered email from clicking the link. The issue if everything is just coming in a same line. 

AbhijeetChib_1-1669918892906.png

I tried with the available fields option as well but, it always stays in the same line. 

(I have changed the field names)

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

You need to include the HTML in your formulas. I use the replace expression to replace the carriage returns with the HTML in my third formula shown below.  That is what you are missing. 

https://www.bigmountainanalytics.com/how-to-include-line-breaks-in-an-alteryx-email/

This is a screenshot from the blog post that shows it.

FreeRangeDingo_0-1669919178079.png

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

@FreeRangeDingo  I have tried that, after watching your video but do they work in the Report text tool ? Also when i tried it just kept printing <br/> in the triggered email 

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I haven't tried with the Report Text tool, only Email tool.

AbhijeetChib
8 - Asteroid

@FreeRangeDingo  in another simplified example, every change is line is replaced by <br.> but it just prints it instead of changing the line

AbhijeetChib_0-1669921589806.png

Labels