Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add :00 to a string

Ramartin1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I will like to add :00 to this time duration 188:00 string final result should 188:00:00. Is it possible to assist?

118:00 to 188:00:00 

Thank you,

5 REPLIES 5
alisonpitt
11 - Bolide

Hi Ramartin1 - what data types would you like to start and end with? If it's just string to string, you can do this with a formula tool like [Duration] + ":00"

Or is there nuance I'm missing?

alisonpitt_0-1651259836878.png

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Excellent response @alisonpitt !!!

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Ramartin1
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you Alison!

That worked now I have to change that duration time 188:00:00 Data type (V_String) into seconds with DateTimeDiff([Duration],"00:00:00", "Seconds") the formula works up 24:00:00 but large numbers like the one I shared provides a [Null]. Any solution will be appreciated. 

Thank you,

DataNath
17 - Castor

I have assumed that the format is hours:minutes:seconds and you want to find this duration purely in seconds - apologies if this isn't the case! However, if so then I believe the following should work. If the format is different I'm happy to provide an alternative! Workbook attached.

DataNath_0-1651261598832.png

Ramartin1
6 - Meteoroid

Thank You that work perfectly!

Labels