Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to activate a tool container when a condition is true

PNC97
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I'm rying to find out a solution for the below scenario.

I had different tool containers like 1 input which has a date and month input files and multiple output tool containers which has some data to get as output and I'm looking for a solution where based on the month in the input files a output tool container need to get activate and rest of all output tool containers need to deactivate.

Expecting a workflow example thanks in advance 😊

The background of this is I want to extract data from number of folders if a condition is satisfied from input file 

6 REPLIES 6
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

You can't activate/deactivate containers.  You CAN put a filter (or other logic) before the container that would mean that no data flows into the container - would that work ?

PNC97
8 - Asteroid

Yes it wil work

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @PNC97 

Adding to it you can also configure formula tool to pass filename and use it in output tool to write to a file. 

Data Streams - Without Passing Filename

atcodedog05_3-1631178311616.png

Both files are generated

Data Streams - Passing Filename

atcodedog05_2-1631178283302.png

Only the stream with data writes the file.

Hope this helps : )

PNC97
8 - Asteroid

PNC97_0-1631182566688.png

I'm trying to figure out in this way but it didn't worked for me. if the condition is true the action tool need to enable the tool container.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @PNC97 

That approach would require you to make it an App and user needs to give info.

PNC97
8 - Asteroid

Yes I'm trying the same user will give input and if the input having a particular date/month then the container need to enable if not the container need to disable. 

Labels